Thursday, February 22, 2007

Moravia and Brno

Time passes very quickly here and while I do enjoy giving everyone something to read, blogging isn't exactly a priority. But, like I said, I'll try to wrap up some cool things that have happened so far and then just go on to small updates.
--------------------
First up is Moravia and Brno. The city itself was nothing too special compared to Prague. If it were the first place I went when I came to Europe I'd be amazed...but it did not have nearly as impressive architechture. This is probably on account of it being much more rebuilt. We got intoBrno at night and a small group of us went out for Indian food. This was hands down the BEST Indian I have ever had. It didn't compare in terms of experience to the place in London, but the food and atmosphere was awesome. Next day was an extensive tour of the city by Z. Again, nothing phenomenal, but good still. My pictures are limited for this trip because I had battery problems. I bought 12 AA batteries....none of them worked! Something called Mingon is present in these falsely advertised batteries and it doesn't work for more than 2 minutes a pair in the camera. Since then I've bought rechargables and some faithful Energizers.

After the tour we headed up to the battleground of The Battle of Three Seasons - an amazing triumph for Napolean. After looking through the museum we got to see the chapel of the Peace Memorial which was neat because if you stood at one end and talked into the corner quietly, you could easily hear someone at the other end (for those in Oregon...think to the Hallinan playground with the tubes...even though it looked nothing like it). After the Peace Memorial was a nice little snowball fight.

Loaded back on the bus and off we went to the wine cellars. Here we were served chicken for dinner which on first glance looked bland...but it tasted amazing. Then came the wine tasting. We got to sample 4 different kinds of wine (2 red and 2 white). I bought one of each and will probably take one home with me....As we were drinking our wine, Z translated for the cellar owner the mock Constitution for wine country. Wine country is a very sexist place...though the guy was pretty damn funny. Also, at the end of this speech came a contest proposed to all the students. Unfortunately my camera had died by the time this came on because it would be great to see. Anyways, the challenge was to fill a syphon with water - the syphon was a long glass tube, a bulb, and a little more tubing. It was more or less proposed only to the guys...but some of the girls still tried it out. Then, after there were all the takers for that one he brought out the girls one....which was shaped exactly like a giant cock and balls. Needless to say, there was a lot of laughing...especially when the girls volunteered to try it. To top it off, whenever someone tried, Vlada would say "Apperciate them!" as in, "Applause!" But on one of the transitions between girls he said, "You can apperciate her later!" Of course, he had no idea what he said, making it even better.

The next day was basically the drive home but we stopped off at some caves. If you've ever been on a cave tour, you've seen it. It was fun, but nothing new.
--------------------

Pictures: Facebook Album 1 - Prague, Moravia
Facebook Album 2 - Prague, Kutna Hora

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home